The OSP is a BASE canopy optimized for sub-terminal jumps (delays up to 8 seconds). Canopy design has been optimized for slider down or slider up low altitude jumps. Like all Atair products, the OSP canopy is reinforced in the critical areas. The MDV system is standard on the canopy.
In comparison to the Troll canopy, OSP differs in the following areas:
- faster openings due to better canopy pressurization during opening
- lower flying speed (horizontal and vertical)
- improved performance during deep brake flight – increased control range and better response to control inputs
This canopy is ideal for jumps with delays up to 8 seconds. It can also be used for jumps with long delays reaching terminal velocity, but a slow slider is strongly recommended otherwise openings may become uncomfortable!!!
In order to increase the maximum lift coefficient and reduce stall speed, OSP canopies are equipped with SLAT technology. Slats are small leading edge airfoil extensions that are forming a slot at the first 10 % of the leading edge. Part of the air that is entering the cell is directed through the slot back to the upper side of the canopy, speeding up the airflow and resulting in delayed separation of the airflow, allowing the canopy to maintain lift at lower speeds and a higher angle of attack before reaching the stall, and also reducing vertical speed. The SLATs are applied to the leading edge of cells #3, #4 and #5, because on rectangular platform wings, the stall occurs first at the middle of the span, i.e. on the center cells.
The SLAT system provides:
- reduction of canopy forward speed during the opening stage, allowing more time to correct your heading with the risers during low altitude jumps in close proximity to the objects.
- improved deep brakes flight, with crisp toggle response and reduced canopy inertia during steep approaches, enabling easy and accurate, on the spot landings in constricted areas.
SLAT Technology, Atair is the only manufacturer that uses this technology on BASE canopies
185, 205, 225, 245, 265, 285, 305
- F111 material
- Dacron lines
- SLAT & MDV system
- ZP leading edge
- Two stage brakes setting
- Control lines in different color
- Big mesh slider
- Tail Gate system
- Lightweight material
- Black Dacron lines
- Slow slider
- Small mesh slider
- Black tapes, thread and slider
- Vectran lines *